POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: cylindrical camera: unexpected results : Re: cylindrical camera: unexpected results Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cylindrical camera: unexpected results
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 4 Sep 2000 16:13:13
Message: <39b40259$1@news.povray.org>
"Peter J. Holzer" <hjp### [at] SiKituwsracat> wrote...
> If you just want the same behaviour as in povray 3.1g, remove the whole
> normalization stuff. I don't see any problems with that.

You see, this is where the problem comes in.  What behavior is deisred?  It
seems that many people have different opinions as the the answer to that
question.

Hopefully we can all come to an agreement.  Maybe someone should take a shot
at describing the final behavior of the cylinder camera (how they think it
should work) from the user's perspective (i.e. NOT using any code or math
formulas in the description).  If everyone agrees with that, then maybe we
can finally make this thing work "correctly."

-Nathan